Dr. Orth was born in Chicago, Illinois, and received his Bachelor of Science Degree at Illinois Institute of Technology. His Medical Degree is from Tulane University School of Medicine and he completed his internship and residency at the University of California, San Diego, California. His fellowship in Gastroenterology is from the University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, Texas. A Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Dr. Orth has been in private practice in Pensacola since 1984.
- Role of Mitochondria in Aging and Cancer
- Pathophysiology and Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Biology of Pancreatic Cancer
- Prospects in Stem Cell Research – Reflections on Clones, Chimera, and Minotaur
- Genetics of Obesity – Bears do it–can we do it?
- Why Louis Pasteur would have liked Nexium, reflections on chirality
- Mad Cow Disease (Prion Disorders)
- The Human Genome Project/Molecular Applications to Medicine
- The Origin of Public Health/Waterborne Diseases
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis